Color continues to be the biggest story for all interiors and this collection covers the spectrum from muted neutrals to dazzling multicolor.
Fresh Color Trends
- Blue is an ever-changing yet omnipresent hue, classic in all iterations but most influential for 2015 in indigo. Soothing & easy to live with, this alluring shade has the versatility of a neutral while injecting personality into a setting, especially when paired with white or a splash of vibrant pink or orange.
- Jewel tones of green give way to fresher, nature-inspired shades. Deeper olive & balsam are given new life & neutral status.
- Color pairings mimic the vibrancy of nature, with dazzling teal blue seen with clay orange & neutral olive green. On the brighter side, turquoise, coral & vivid green can be seen against a white ground.
- Subtle veils of pastel color are found in beachy washes of white sand & shell colors from softest pink to light brown. Muted neutrals tinted with color are layered with earthy hues ranging from shitake mushroom & nut brown to desert orange & balsam green.
- The Nature of Things – Matte, natural fibers like linen continue to rule, especially as a way to incorporate current appreciation for casual living into design setting. Raw rustic looks mixed with metallic yarns & other shiny materials are the perfect pairing.
- Velvet Rope – Chenille & velvet have only continued to gain importance, even more so than the forecasted mohair & wool. The perfect foil to cool linens, velvet & chenille add warmth, softness & depth to a room.
- Shine On – Metallics & satin finishes are making an understated comeback, with the sheen balanced by flat, matte textures. Particularly when paired with linen, the look should not be glitzy but instead portray a more subtle glamor.
Color is igniting consumer imagination and steering the direction of design settings.